Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's been awhile

Well, it has been awhile. So, I thought that I would give you a little update.

Jaydon has been busy with school! He is still enjoying it and is becoming a great reader. He has been doing great on his spelling words each week. We are very pleased and happy for him! He also lost one of his front teeth. He likes showing off his gap!

Carson is enjoying school, also. He just doesnt like getting up in the morning. I have never had such a problem with a child.. He just doesnt want to get out of bed. I think he follows after his dad in that respect.

Kelcey has been come quite the climber. She especially loves to climb on the coffee table and the door to the dishwasher! Shes learning new words everyday... and we are trying to get her off her binky. At this point she only gets the binky when she is in her crib about ready to go to bed or have a nap. So far its been alright and she hasnt given us too much grief.

Joe and I are doing pretty good! Joe is still working for his reserves unit and I am at home most the day getting kids ready for school, taking them to the bus stop, picking kids up, making sure kelcey gets a nap, making sure Jaydon does his homework, and then making dinner some nights! I really enjoy it... even if I have to fold laundry and put it away.

It's been snowing, and I haven't had my snow tires put on yet. Tomorrow I have an appointment at Alaska Sales and Service to get them put on. I just hope I make it down there alright- The roads have been a slushy mess today. I hope the roads aren't too frozen tomorrow! We took the kids up to Hatcher's pass to go sledding a few days ago on Saturday. It was a lot of fun! We went sledding on the Road that takes you up to the summit on Hatchers pass. It probably wasnt the safest place to go (even if the road is closed now) but there wasnt enough snow on the hill that Joe took me to when we were dating. We did have fun though! I will be starting a slide show of pictures that I have taken throughout the year to send out to family.. hopefully for Christmas. Remember, I did the slide show for everybody last year, but I never got it sent out to anybody besides Joe. So, there will be 2 slideshows. lucky you!! :D Hope you guys are enjoying the day.. I am enjoying the inside.. and thankful that I dont have to drive in the snow anymore today! Have a wonderful day! :)














the snow falling. 10/14

I liked this leaf. As you can probably guess.. its gone now!


shes actually on the dishwasher door.

hes soo goofy!

Kelcey is not a big fan of sledding.. or sleds for that matter.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! You really did get a lot of snow! The kids look cold!!

Sounds like you are doing a great job of taking care of your family and keeping up with everything!!

Emily V. said...

You have such cute kids! I enjoyed checking out your blog today! It is hard to believe there is snow sticking to the ground already! Here in CO it hasn't snowed yet but it's gotten Cold!

Bridges Family said...

Looks like fun in the snow! Kelcey's eyes are so blue!! Stay warm!

Randrea said...

Sounds like your family is doing great!! I love the pics of the kids!! Looks cold there--brrrr

mikensi said...

i want your camera!! my cous would climb on the dishwasher door... she broke it... the door wouldn't stay down, lol