Monday, July 21, 2008

Dip netting on the Kenai Peninsula

Last weekend we were able to go dip netting down on the Kenai Peninsula. I love it down there. It's where I grew up, and I still have a few really close friends down there. I didn't get to see everybody, but thats alright. I did get to see Denise. She took me down to Homer. Just long enough to get there and basically turn back, but I did get some really great pictures of Mt. Redoubt, and Mt. Iliamna

Joe and his brother, David, caught 18 fish altogether. We are going to be canning some of the salmon we caught and David is going to be smoking the fish that he got. I think that is the way it is going to turn out. We ended up camping in Ninilchik. The camp ground was mosquito infested and everything, but we did have a great time. We slept in David's pop up camper. I got to know my niece, Patience, and my nephew, Jonathan, a little more. Jaydon and Carson got eaten alive by mosquito's. Kelcey got to stay home with Grandma and Grandpa. She had a great time, too, I think. Enjoy the pictures! I'll be posting some pictures from Independence Mine here in the near future! :D




Mt. Redoubt



The Homer Spit





Mt. Redoubt


Mt. Iliamna


Mt. Iliamna

2 comments:

mikensi said...

PRETTY!!

Randrea said...

Karen--THESE PICTURES ARE GORGEOUS--love ya--Andrea