Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Last day of School

Today was the last day of school for Jaydon. He is now a 1st grader! I am excited for his new experiences that will be coming in the fall and everything.

Jaydon and Carson have been very interested in bugs. So, when we found a caterpillar they were ecstatic! We found the caterpillar in Jaydon and Carson's room after Jaydon had brought in his coat from outside. It has been outside pretty much all day. They wouldn't leave the poor thing alone. Its new home is now a bug cabin... full of leaves and baby fire weed. Anyways, on Sunday that caterpillar was nowhere to be found. Jaydon said he didn't let him out .. and neither did Carson. We thought we had lost him. Monday evening before the boys went to bed guess who I found crawling on the floor, in the boys room? thats right, Mr. caterpillar. The boys are happy to have him back... They still wont leave the poor thing alone!

Well, Joe has applied for a Court Services Job. Too bad he wont be here for the Physical Agility test on the 29th of May. This is the 3rd time hes applied for this job. The first time he was trying to find a job by the time he got out of the military, He was still in Iraq. They threw his application out cause he wasn't in the country. He applied again when we got here to Alaska, but they took the job listing out because the state was doing something and had to freeze all hiring... and once again threw out the application. I hope that the state is willing to work with Joe, but I doubt they will be. I guess we'll have to keep out eyes open. Joe will be home in a month, so I'm pretty excited about that. Joe has also applied for a job with the Wasilla police department. I don't know what will come out of this, but hopefully something good! I know Joe would REALLY enjoy getting back into Police work. Since the Anchorage police department didn't hire him, he will be applying for the Alaska State Troopers. That means that we probably wont be in the Wasilla area. From what I understand they usually sent new recruits to Fairbanks, Soldotna, or Homer. They also send people out to the bush. I don't know if I would like that..

Things are going great though. The days are getting longer, The Alaskan springtime is wonderful! I'm not use to all the daylight anymore. Its 10 o'clock at night and its still plenty light! I was supposed to be venting in this blog.... when it came time to vent, the only thing that came to my mind was the stupid Court Services Job that Joe had applied for. Oh well, its probably a good thing. I don't wanna say anything that I would regret! ;)

1 comments:

mikensi said...

best of luck to joe! that's cute your kids are into bugs! itll be fun when the find stray dogs and stuff. lol ;) ooh, that'd be cool if you could move to soldotna, yeah?!! please don't get sent to the bush!!!!!