Monday, April 20, 2009

It's a Beautiful day!

I LOVE spring time in Alaska. The last few days it has gotten to 50 degrees here. It has been wonderful!

I went to my grandma's funeral at the beginning of the month, and it was such a blessing to see most of my family. The funeral was nice. We started cleaning out her place on Monday the 6th. My grandma had a TON of stuff. It took us 3 days to clean EVERYTHING out. It was great to see my family come together in a time of need.. and I did have a blast spending time with them, but it was mentally exhausting.. to have SO much stuff everywhere in her little 1 bedroom apartment. I got to see my good friend Mikensi and meet her husband. I had a blast! The weather was so nice in the Salt Lake area, that I didn't want to come back.... lol I hope I'll be able to see more of my family sooner rather than later.

The snow is mostly gone now.. and we have 2 mud holes in the yard. One in the back and one in the front. All this was caused by the septic tank mess last October. We will be busy this summer with putting in new lawns and stuff. It should be rather interesting.... I hope it doesn't get TOO messy. Most the water that was ontop on the ground last week is not underground, but You wont find me walking through it! Guess I'll have to keep you posted.

Easter was fun... and I'm now trying to get my diet back under control. Between my trip to Salt Lake and the easter candy, i'm surprised I haven't gained back the 20lbs I lost! The Trim to Win contest is coming to a close, and I will have to weigh in soon! AND Then I'll probably start another contest with the girls that I've been competing against! Its fun to have a little friendly competition.. and somebody to work out with!

I have scheduled dentist appointment for EVERYBODY.. and Kelcey and I have ours on Thursday and Jaydon has his on Friday. Carson has his on Monday, and I guess Joe will have to reschedule his. I'm going down to Soldotna on Friday to help one of my best friends pack up and move to Wasilla.. I am totally excited to have her up here!

I should get going though- I will find something more to blog about! I need to update more consistently... Hope everybody is doing great!

1 comments:

mikensi said...

Oh yay! Is D moving up to Wasilla?!! I'm just assuming it's her, lol. Anyway- it definitely was good to see you and in good weather! Wish I could have helped your family out more, but I suppose I'm not really family, he hee! That was a big job! Yay for losing 20lbs already! That is SO awesome, Karen! Did you end up buying a belt?? ;)